Situated in the oldest sub-zone of Rias Baixas, in an area known as Val do Salnés, Adega Davide not only utilizes the fully developed earth and coastal influence of the Atlantic in this area, but also sources from O Rosal and Contado de Tea (2 others of the 5 total sub-regions) for his grapes. Around 50,000 bottles a year only are produced from the exceptional fruit they obtain from several small family farmers that the Acha family has worked with for many decades. In addition to the unique and exciting package that each wine is bottled in, the quality of the juice within the bottle is truly exceptional, coming from a minimal hand in the cellar, never using oak, and letting the purity of the fruit really shine first and foremost. This adega (the word for bodega in parts of Galicia) is gaining great recognition for their well-balanced and pure wines.
Davide Tradicion is an elegant and striking Albariño from the rocky Galician coast of Spain in the DO Rias Baixas. It is remarkable in its crisp freshness, yet full-bodied complexity, and has received great critical acclaim. Having only come from small plots of very sustainably farmed vineyards throughout area, this wine is vinified with as little intervention as possible, as they are committed to the idea of pure, characteristic, and hand-made wines. The juice fermented spontaneously with wild yeasts and spends about 9 months on the fine lees with regular batonnage, before it is bottled and released to the market. The result has an incredible mineral driven complexity, loaded with white flowers, honeysuckle, herbs, mint, citrus and stone fruits. It is fruity on the palate; crisp yet very well structured, and has a long silky finish. This wine is delicious now, but can also lie down in the cellar for a surprising number of years.
70% albariño, 30% godello
Davide Duo is a unique and interesting blend from Rias Baixas that is made only in very small quantities. Coming predominately from the common local varietal Albariño for its freshness, bright fruits, and complex aromas, the Duo blends the plush and rich Godello grape to create a truly memorable wine. By law, 70% of a wine must be Albariño in order to be labeled a Rias Baixas D.O. wine, so this bottle fulfills this need, while taking full advantage of the other 30%. It is given ample contact with the lees before bottling, creating a wine that is remarkably rich and full bodied, loaded with citrus and tropical fruit notes, beautiful minerality, and a lingering finish of flowers, spice, and nuts.